- youth@odec Sundays 5:50pm - 7:15pm (Middle School & High School)
- Thursday morning Holy Eucharist and Healing Prayer at 10:00am
- Sundays@5 informal Holy Eucharist featuring Random Acts
- Paws, Prayers & Praise is back! Every 2nd Sunday at 5:00pm!
- Children's Sermon during the 9:30am service
- Continued Worship "IN-PERSON" and Live-stream
- "Beach Bags" -- feeding hungry students and families at our neighbor school, Pembroke Meadows Elementary
- Feeding hungry folks in Norfolk "Feed My Sheep" monthly
- Lemonade on the Lawn after the 9:30am service
We've been here for 384 years, so we know what it means to be a living, faithful Christian community. Established in 1637 as the first church in what is now VA Beach, Old Donation has survived and thrived through wars, fires, floods and just about any calamity you can imagine.
Yet here we are in the 21st Century, more vibrant and full of life than ever. God's Spirit continues to be our guide and our strength. God's hope keeps us looking forward. God's wisdom enables us to hold on to what is ancient, while always being relevant in today's world.
The outbreak of COVID-19 forced us to make significant changes to our programs for health and safety. We have temporarily eliminated most of our in-person meetings, Sunday School classes, youth and children's programs and young adult meetings.
Through this we have expanded our online offerings, hold Bible studies via Zoom, and continue outreach ministries with all the best safety and health measures to assure minimal risk. This virus will not stop us from BEING the CHURCH in this world, though our methods and patterns are adapted. Stay tuned!
Please RSVP. This includes musicians, ushers, and anyone else "working" at a service. This helps with logistics.
We will maintain a section of pews in the Church for people who prefer or need the distancing from others. There will be three pews designated and reserved for anyone who wishes to not be crowded or close to other than their family. This respects those who feel the need to maintain some of the past year’s safety measures.
Masks are no longer required for people who are fully vaccinated. Masks will be worn by those who are unvaccinated (outdoors or indoors). This fits the CDC and Diocesan recommendations.
- 8:00am Holy Eucharist - no choir RSVP HERE
- 9:30am Holy Eucharist - Outdoors in our "Eden Chapel" with full choir and Gathering band providing music. RSVP HERE
- 11:00am Holy Eucharist in the Church with live stream RSVP HERE
- 5:00pm Sundays@5 Informal Holy Eucharist
- 5:00pm Paws, Prayers & Praise - a pet-friendly Holy Eucharist (every 2nd Sunday)
August 2021: Effective Immediately. Masks are required indoors for everyone.
Monday through Friday at Noon on Facebook Live: A short service of prayers, Holy Scripture, and reflection.
To find these online offerings:
Our Facebook page
Our YouTube Channel
Our mission is nothing less than making the world be more like Heaven. God's dream, as we see in Holy Scripture, is for a world where people work together peacefully, seeking justice and wholeness. We want to be more like Jesus. In fact, our Presiding Bishop, Michael Curry, describes what we are seeking: the "Episcopal branch of the Jesus Movement."
Old Donation is large enough to have something for everyone, yet feels like a comfortable family where you are included, needed, and your gifts can make a difference. We are a community of about 800 friends trying to be God's people.
Our mission statement puts it this way:
Old Donation is a Family:
Growing in God’s love
Joyfully worshipping Jesus Christ
Serving in the power of the Spirit
Walking into any new Church can sometimes be a little daunting. Let us assure you that you will be among friends here. People tell us that it feels more like "coming home" when they make their first visit. Because our parish continues to grow with new members, you will be sitting with some folks who've been here for 70 years, and others who just showed up last month. Every church has its own traditions, but we try to make it easy for you to join in and worship, learn and serve.